INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLGY ROORKEE
Support for IITR Faculty for Visiting Institutions Abroad
Objectives & Guidelines
- To promote quality research by providing opportunities to faculty members to work with leading international experts.
- To enhance the visibility of IIT Roorkee at such institutions/laboratories leading to more international collaborations.
- The following conditions must be satisfied:
- 1.1 The foreign institute/department should be in the top-500 of QS World University Rankings or in the top200 of QS World University Rankings by subject.
- 1.2 It is expected that the duration of stay at the foreign institute is for a few months. But in any case it should
not be less than one week.
- 1.3 It is expected that the host or any other sponsor has offered partial support to facilitate the stay/visit.
- Recommendations of the following committee will be placed before the Director for approval:
- a) Dean of Faculty Affairs Convener
- b) Dean of Resources & Alumni Affairs Member
- c) Dean SRIC Member
- The funding would be available only for meeting the gap between the total expenditure and the total funds
available from other sources.
- A maximum of Rs. 2 lakhs can be availed by a faculty in a block of three years (synchronized with but in addition
Prof. B.R. Gurjar
Dean of Resources & Alumni Affairs (DORA)
James Thomason Building, IIT Roorkee
DORA Office phone:01332-28-5840;
I have read all instructions and guidelines carefully