GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURE1. The Distinguished Young Alumnus Award (DYAA) is given to a person below 40 years (receiving of nomination as on last date) who has been awarded a degree from IIT Roorkee to recognize his/her outstanding contributions in their chosen field of work.
2. Nominations for DYAA are invited from all over the world and anybody can nominate the deserving young alumni of IITR. All nominations should be submitted online to the DORA office.
3. Alumni who have made outstanding achievements in their chosen field of work will be eligible.
4. The following aspects will be considered, among possible others, for assessing the roles and contributions of the Nominees:
- Accomplishments and recognitions that exhibit pursuit of excellence or path breaking work or innovation or creativity in the chosen field of work.
- Track record of leadership roles and responsibilities which demonstrate potential for continued success.
6. Last date of receiving nomination is 15th July, 2019.
7. The selection committee consists of the following five members:
- Director, IITR, Chair
- Two persons of eminence (to be nominated by the BOG)
- DORA, IITR
- One Institute Chair Professor (nominated by Director IITR).
9. The DYA awards would be given on the Foundation Day - 25th November every year.